Function: This person is responsible for initiating, recruiting, promoting, organizing, and coordinating congregational social activities and service projects in the community, district and denomination.
Reportability: This person reports to the senior pastor.
Accountability: This person is accountable to the senior pastor and to the Leadership Team for performance of his/her functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize, promote and recruit for church social activities
- Organize and recruit for congregational involvement in the community
- Coordinate participation in district and denominational service projects
- Work with ministry team advisory representatives
- Keep the congregation informed of social activities and community service opportunities
Specific Functions (sorted by Values/Actions Statement):
WE CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER
- Coordinate requests for personal assistance and track responses
- Publicize and increase participation in FABB
- Recruit and train volunteers to welcome new people
- Create new small groups meeting in homes
WE LEARN ABOUT GOD
- Offer special events for children
- Offer special events for youth in cooperation with Youth Advisors
- Recruit children/youth to attend Shepherd’s Spring summer camp
- Offer intergenerational activities
- Encourage participation in district and COB events and conferences
WE CARE ABOUT OTHERS LOCALLY AND GLOBALLY
- Develop annual community service projects
- Encourage and report church and member service beyond the congregation
- Foster ecumenical and inter faith relationships and involvement
- Connect with local colleges for reciprocal volunteer activities
- Open the church facilities to more community groups
- Organize and promote participation in district and denominational service projects, such as disaster response, Shepherd’s Spring, Heifer Global Village, work camps, BVS
- Organize and promote participation in ecumenical service projects, such as CROP walks, Shepherd’s Staff, Head Start
- Work with coordinators to increase participation by youth and adults in Loaves and Fishes
- Establish, convene at least quarterly, and work with an advisory group consisting of representatives from the Education Ministry Team, Fellowship Ministry Team, Witness Ministry Team, and Worship Ministry Team
- Serve as staff liaison to the publicity team
- Keep the congregation informed of upcoming plans and activities and report on completed events via the weekly bulletin, monthly newsletter, email, and church web site and face book page.
- Oversee an event from inception to completion.
- Participate in regular staff meetings
- Attend Leadership Team meetings
- Attend Ministry Team meetings as needed
- Keep a log of and description of activities and hours worked.
- This is a part time position, with no more than 20 hours weekly.