The number of disasters around the world which require clean up afterwards is increasing. Church World Service accepts Clean Up Buckets for shipping where they are needed. Our church is collecting items and monetary donations for Clean Up Buckets through April 15. Family groups in the church will purchase addition items needed and assemble the buckets in the second half of April.
Donations may be left at the church inside the parking lot doors that lead to the library.
Here’s what goes in a bucket:
- One five-gallon bucket with resealable lid (If bucket has been used, clean well but do not use if it has held chemicals of any kind.)
- Four scouring pads
- Seven sponges, including one large
- One scrub brush
- Eighteen reusable, lightweight dry cleaning towels (e.g. Handi wipes)
- One 50 oz. or two 25 oz. bottle(s) of liquid laundry detergent
- One 16-28 oz. bottle of liquid disinfectant dish soap
- One 12-16 oz. bottle of household cleaner that can be mixed with water (no spray bottles)
- One package of 48-50 clothespins
- Clothesline, two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.
- Five dust masks
- Two pairs heavy-duty, waterproof dishwashing gloves (latex-free, non-surgical)
- One pair work gloves, cotton with leather palm or all leather
- 24-28 heavy duty or contractor type 30-45 gallon trash bags on a roll and removed from carton
- One 6-9 oz. bottle of non-aerosol insect repellent
All cleaning items must be new – all liquid items must be capped and securely tightened. Place all items into the bucket, making sure they are packed securely to avoid damage during shipment. Snap the lid on tight and seal with packing tape.
Processing fee: $3.00 per bucket